Measures for protecting workers from exposure to the novel coronavirus depend on the type of work being performed and exposure risk. This includes potential for interaction with infectious people and contamination of the work environment. Employers should adapt infection control strategies based on a thorough hazard assessment. Appropriate combinations of engineering and administrative controls, safe work practices, and personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used to prevent worker exposures.
Program Development Guides
A collection of materials developed for Sales and Service Safety Association (S2SA) members including Safe Work Procedures, Critical Job Inventories, Job Hazard Analysis, Tool and Equipment Orientation and Templates for creating these types of documents.
Leaders should review the Shared Learning at a meeting and use the attached questions to engage their teams to identify similar hazards. Leaders should note answers, follow up, implement corrective actions, and positively reinforce worker responsiveness.
- Shared Learning #1 – Amputation
- Shared Learning #2 – Contractor Ladder Incident
- Shared Learning #3 – Pinch/Crush Protection
- Shared Learning #4 – Fall from Height
- Shared Learning #5 – Torn Eardrum
- Shared Learning #6 – Leaf Spring Crush Protection
- Shared Learning #7 – Hot Work and Drums
- Shared Learning #8 – Hoist Failure
A Safety Talk is an informal safety meeting that focuses on safety topics related to the specific job, such as workplace hazards and safe work practices. Meetings are brief and are generally conducted at the job site at the start of the work day. Safety Talks are also known as toolbox talks, tailgate meetings, or safety briefings.
- Safety Talk – Cold & Flu Prevention
- Safety Talk – COVID-19
- Safety Talk – COVID-19 Related Stress
- Safety Talk – COVID-19 Social Distancing
- Safety Talk – COVID-19 Safe Mask Use
- Safety Talk – Fire Extinguishers
- Safety Talk – Heat Stress
- Safety Talk – Near Miss
- Safety Talk – Carbon Monoxide
- Safety Talk – Home Ergonomics
- Safety Talk – Four Rights
- Safety Talk – Ladder Safety
Best Practice Guides
Please check back, as we are constantly updating this page with new resources and materials. If there is anything you’d like to see in this section or want to share with us, please contact us.