Services Included in Your Membership
- Observation Reporting: Workplace observations and inspections.
- Technical Safety Support – access to Safety Advisors via phone and email.
- Safety program development, implementation and support.
- Safety incident guidance/ emergency support.
- Improvement Order / Stop Work Order coaching.
- Access to Safety Resource Library
- Pre-audit gap analysis
- Safety Training: SAFE Work Certified training courses
- Safety committee; set up, coaching and support.
Safety Program development: Our Approach to a safety management system.
Our approach to Safety Program development employs a 4-phase system.
Phase 1 | Phase 2 | Phase 3 | Phase 4
We take our members step-by-step through each phase to develop a complete safety management system. Our Safety Advisors work closely with each member throughout the journey from Phase 1 to 4, providing guidance using our program guides and support and helping each member progress at their own pace.
Our program guides make it easy to create policies, procedures, inspections, and forms.
We never impose a time commitment on members, as they move forward at their own pace and schedule control is maintained in order not to overwhelm members and interfere with business operations. Each member company will have a dedicated Safety Advisor to provide full support at every step.
Stage of safety program
No matter whether you are in the starting phase of developing a safety program or you only need some support and assistance with finalization and implementation…We can help. Our members receive full safety documentation guidance from our Safety Advisors through policy and procedure draft reviews with recommendations and implementation strategies.
Many of our members have successfully achieved Safe Work Certification through this program, Click here to see a list of all our SAFE Work Certified companies.
Upon completing all four phases, members have the essential elements for an effective safety program. Once a system gap is completed and corrected, you are ready for Safe Work Certification and on your way to receiving a rebate on your WCB premiums.
See how your safety program measures up to provincial standards and identify any “gaps” in your program before certification.
SAFE Work Certification
SAFE Work Certified is Manitoba’s safety and health certification standard. It helps make workplaces safer and provides a financial reward to employers that take proactive steps to prevent workplace injuries and illness.
S2SA is a certifying partner that can measure the health of your safety program against the provincial standard.
Successful completion of this standard allows members to qualify for a Prevention Rebate of 15% of their WCB premiums.
- Customized Safety Training
- Musculoskeletal Injuries Assessments
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Paid Consulting Services: Safety Policy Manual (draft), Safe Work Procedure Manual (draft), Safety Advisor for a Day, Maintenance audit
- Additional Paid Service Options: Additional Gap Analysis, Private Training
Customized Safety Training
We teach practical methods and tools to implement in your workplace. Courses are required for certification and are offered at the committee, supervisory, and leadership levels.
Safety Advisor for a day can include the following:
- Emergency Plan – risk assessment map and drill
- Safety Manual Development or Policy writing
- Safety Bulletin Board Set-up
- Clearing SMS 4 phase development gaps
- Return to work plans and accommodations
- Critical Job Inventory Development
- Ergonomic Assessment (full department)
- Job Hazard Analysis or Safe Work Procedures
- WCB claims management and injury stats
- Customized Safety Talk creation and delivery
- Violence, Work Alone, Threat Risk Assessments
- Orientation development or delivery
- Safety Data System, Chemical Assessment/Drill
- Contractor Management and Orientation
Musculoskeletal Injuries Assessments
Musculoskeletal Injuries (MSI) prominently rank as the most frequent type of injury, resulting in significant financial burdens for our members. To address this, we leverage the power of cutting-edge video technology in our Visual Ergonomic Assessments, ensuring minimal disruption to your workforce. This vision joint technology allows us to automate ergonomic risk assessments efficiently.
Our highly skilled Ergonomic Specialists meticulously identify potential MSI risks, delivering a comprehensive report bolstered by illustrative video documentation. But our involvement doesn’t stop there. We persistently collaborate with our members to devise innovative, practical strategies that effectively mitigate MSI risks, enhancing workplace safety and reducing associated costs.
- Levied Members: $300+GST/ assessment
- Aligned Members: $300+GST/assessment
- Aligned Non-Members: $375+GST/assessment
- Non-Members: $450+GST/assessment
Note: 50% discount for SAFE WORK Certified Companies
Respirator Fit Testing
Includes free training to ensure compliance with safety regulations. The service is for those who wear tight-fitting respirators (including N95) at work and must be fit tested every two years.
- Levied Members: $50 + GST / participant
- Aligned Members: $50 + GST / participant
- Aligned Non-Members: $62.50 + GST / participant
- Non-Members: $75 + GST / participant
Note: 50% discount for SAFE WORK Certified Companies
Additional tests: $15 for each additional mask test
Volume discount for over 20 tests – email [email protected]
Paid Consulting Services
Our Safety Advisors will prepare a quote based on your needs:
- Safety Policy Manual (draft): $2,250
Includes customized forms for Implementation/based on S2SA Resources.
- Safe Work Procedure Manual (draft): $2,800
Includes Procedure Verification and Critical Job Inventory Development.
- Safety Advisor for a Day: $600
Includes Onsite or Safety Program Development work for one day.
- Maintenance audit: $350/day
Have a maintenance audit coming up this year but running low on time? We are here to help. Associate Safety Advisor will complete your maintenance audit, including documentation review, observations, and interviews.
Additional Paid Service Options
- Additional Gap Analysis: $700 / day.
- Private Training: $100 / person/day (min 10 people)
- Gap and Audit Report writing is charged at a rate of $700 per day.
- Maintenance audit $350 plus GST.
- Travel is charged at a rate of $700/day, and mileage at gov posted rate, excluding Winnipeg.